Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Recent Spottings: A Trip to the Honda Dealership


     Honda is my favorite car brand that's still around. I feel like throughout their career they've been able to perfect the trifecta of looks, performance, and most importantly, reliability. The amount of amazing cars they've made is mind boggling, and they've even made some of  my all time favorite vehicles. So I thought it would be fitting if my first real post on here would mostly be related to them.
However, before we get to the main portion of this blog, we have to address this 1994-1997 Accord Wagon. This was the last generation of the Accord Wagon that was sold in the states, and it definitely has a pretty distinct look. Although I prefer the wagon variant of the previous generation, this is still one of my favorite vehicles offered by Honda. I was actually in the middle of eating a meal at McDonald's when I spotted this and I ran up to the window to take a quick picture.

After a couple of hours of driving around, I decided to head to Cardinal Honda, an Eastern Connecticut Honda Dealership, to look at what they had in store. After looking around at a couple of 2022 Civics, and a lot of automatic transmissions, I discovered this.
This may just look like a typical Mazda5, but this 2010 model had something very interesting on the inside.
That's right, this Mazda5 has a manual transmission! I had no idea that this car ever even had a manual option, so this came as a bit of a shock. Even though there's still quite a few Mazda5's on the road, a manual one is likely much more rare than it's automatic counterpart.

I then went into the showroom, and while they had a Civic Sport, as well as a few SUVs on display, the most interesting vehicle was a bit out of the way
I was absolutely stunned to come across a 1993 Honda Acty, I got very excited, and was even more excited to be able to see one up close. The Acty was a Kei Van (Kei meaning a small class of Japanese automobiles) sold in Japan. This specific one was imported to America anywhere from 2018 to now, due to the 25 year import law. This one was pristine, and the dealership even gave it a name: "Five Star Stanley"
I don't think this interior could be any more perfect.
Lastly, I leave you with a boring car, a 2004 Accord. Just Kidding! This one also has a manual! Not only that, but it's also insanely clean, despite it's fairly large mileage. Even it's hubcaps are immaculate. It always makes me smile when people keep their cars in good condition like this, and also when they aren't put to waste.

That's all for the first issue of Southern New England Carspotting! I'll see you all soon!

-Simpsonfan311

2 comments:

  1. That Acty is so epic! I can't say I've seen a Japanese dealership displaying a JDM import before, and I feel like it's kind of a missed opportunity. The new Civics look cool too, I was foaming when I saw the first 2022 arrivals at Troy Honda a couple of weeks ago. Nice manual finds too. It always amazed me that the Mazda5 was offered with a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments! I'll have to get pictures of the 2022 Civics when I see them again.

    ReplyDelete

Automotive Agora: Malibu Maxx SS, Mk3 Supra, and another unexpected manual

 (Automotive Agora is not used for advertising purposes, and is solely for entertainment purposes) Welcome to the second main series of Sout...